August 22, 2012

Long have I grumbled…



…about the quality of the music in Korean bars and clubs. You can read a previous post about it here. I’ve also written my views on music before, here and here. I especially loathe, and really mean loathe, despise, abhor with all my heart and soul, the types of songs mentioned here. I went to a club the other day and still had to put up with all that shit, along with “let’s hear it for Nooooooooo Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwk” etc and all that utter fucking garbage, with people swaying along and singing like it’s the best thing they ever heard. Music for people who don’t like music, is all it is. Fucking garbage. Utter. Fucking. Garbage. All of it.

Oh, and fuck Gangnam Style while we’re at it. I’m happy for
Korea, because it is perhaps one of their very first true global songs, so that’s great for them. But honestly. Fuck that shit. It’s a comedy record for fuck’s sake.

During one of my many drunken rants around a bar table here, my good friend Ben said to me, ‘Paul, let’s do a Northern Soul night in
Korea!’. Well, frankly, that’s the best idea in the entire history of ever. Fact. He’s done a bit of DJing before, and I have too, so the idea bubbled for a few days, and we still thought it was a good one, so went decided to go find a bar in Seoul that would have us. And we did. It’s called The Lounge in Hongdae.

Sometimes you’ve got to put your money where your mouth is. Whilst I can’t take credit for coming up with the idea, it was Ben’s, I certainly feel that it’s time to stop grumbling, and in the words of, well, everyone.

Do something about it.

Long story short. Short tempered Brit is inspired by friend to put money in cakehole.

We will be DJing soulful, funky, jazzy, dancey, swinging, cool,  and hopefully fucking GOOD music at:

THE LOUNGE, HONGDAE,

OPENING NIGHT: SATURDAY 8th SEPTEMBER.
9pm till 1am.

Then weekly Saturdays.

Gangnam Style will not be getting played.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, and we have a Facebook page, here:

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Get-Funked/260669957384437

    ReplyDelete